Last night was Gamer Man and my first dinner together in the new house. Since we’ve yet to perfect time travel, things like this only happen once so I wanted to make it special. Unfortunately since we just moved we have very few groceries and therefore options when it came to meal prep. I scrounged up some chicken and green beans from the freezer, but needed to round out the meal with a starch… enter cheddar biscuits! Gamer Man loved them and made the most amazing yummy noises, then hugged me after dinner and called me ‘wonderful’. I’d say they were pretty successful, so give them a try if you like the cheesy biscuits at your local crimson sea critter restaurant, and if you like hugs :D
Adapted from AllRecipes – Cheddar Biscuits
1 cup Bisquick biscuit mix
1 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon granulated garlic
1 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon parsley
dash of granulated garlic and salt
1. Preheat oven to 400F and place parchment paper on a baking sheet. Set aside.
2. Mix the dry ingredients and cheese together in a mixing bowl until evenly distributed.
3. Add the milk and stir the mixture until combined but not sticky. If the mixture looks dry, add milk a tablespoon at a time until the correct consistency.
4. Spoon onto baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
*While you wait, melt the butter and stir in the parsley, garlic, and salt until combined.*
5. When 10 minutes is up, brush tops of the biscuits with the butter mixture and pop back in the oven for 5-6 minutes or until golden brown. Remove, serve, and enjoy!
Tip: Try to round the tops of the biscuits before initially putting them in the oven. Some of my less rounded ones got a tad browner that I’d have liked. It didn’t interfere with the taste, I just didn’t like the inconsistency in color :)